Deny Transport?

Can You Deny a Patient Transporation to the Hospital on a 9-1-1 call  

64 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

getting a little touchy are we?

boondockfire.jpg

I like to ensure that my patients recieve the BEST and most appropriate care. Apparently you seem to agree with the individual above and may not. If you accept subpar care as OK and or appropriate then perhaps you need to re-evaluate your position on stayiong in EMS as well.

I'll warn you don't come to an intellectual arguement with less than the needed amount of ATP. Y ou will lose, and look like a fool in the process. You wouldn't pull this crap with Dustdevil or asys, or many others of fame here. Don't be fooled by the low number behind my post count and think I'm an easy newbie mark. I'm not; so before you even attempt to make a personal or professional attack against me, consider what you say wisely and for along time....

pinymayu

boondock3together.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seems to me that you would take an unstable pt out of the hospital to a place of lesser care and you clam that you would do what is best for the pt? some nursing staff at hospital would rather have a pt transferred then take care of them and they need to be stood up to some times and I thought that we could have a light hearted discussion about things, I meant no disrespect but if you want to go at it we certainly can go!

1116834281481.jpg

Ok, "flopey," you went there, I didn't Remember that. Read on, you've pegged my meter:

1117045805725.gif

seems to me that you would take an unstable pt out of the hospital to a place of lesser care and you clam that you would do what is best for the pt?

smart.jpg

Please point out where I said anything of the sort and reference-post the exact quote where I said those words... I said nothing of the sort. THANK YOU FOR PLAYING PLEASE DON'T TRY AGAIN :roll:

some nursing staff at hospital would rather have a pt transferred then take care of them and they need to stood up to some times and I thought that we could have a light hearted discussion about thing I meant no disrespect but if you want to go at it we certainly can go!

Yes there are nursing staff who are as foolheady and stupid as the next EMS provider and apparently as he posts here as "tskstorm" is. I have no issue with a lighthearted discussion. Yet, I find it interesting you seem to take no issue with gross negligence as previously posted.

I'll be awaiting your 'facts' and quote as well, your position is indefensible as it stands above. I warned you not to go here, but you chose this road, so BRING IT..

cluepon.jpg

pinymayu

ai00007.jpg

You should not have an EMT ticket. Your so WRONG and negligent in the instances you mentioned above I don't even know wheren to begin. Do your patients a favor amd apply as a janitor to work at McDonadls where you will hurt none except yourself.

pinymyachia?

these are your words and by saying that he was wrong you are saying that you would have transported the pt. and how would it be gross negligence to leave a pt with a higher level of care the original poster stated that it was not a als transport. and one more point why do you have to be so nasty about what you have to say do you think that you are better then everybody that disagrees with you?

"Your duty bound to treat the emergent presenting condition which you find and be sure that the patient recieves adequate care and get acess to continuing advanced care. PERIOD refusing to transport and leaving..that abandonment pure and simple "

Abandonment paraphrased definition in an EMS setting, leaving a pt. whom you have had pt. contact with, with personell of lesser training/certification or leaivng them by themselves.

how is leaving a pt at a nursing home in an rn or dr's care instead of taking them to radiology ctr abandonment ?

This makes no sense to me ? What you said to me sounds like, dont take your mva pt to an ER if the dialysis ctr is closer cuz he has n stage renal failure.

"You have no choice, also, you must provide appropriate care as well as transport...PERIOD.. "

appropriate care okay, sure, so if a pt is going to dialysys from a hospital floor, and i dunno has an elevated bp, whats the appropriate care needed? admission of meds? IV? what can i do for that pt on a BLS level ? Give O2 and TXP? where as the hospital can take further interventions, to help the pt. where would i txp that pt too ? the nearest ER? its downstairs 5 flights ? so why would i accept care of an unstable pt when the hospital can take them downstairs and provide advanced care in the transition to the ER ?

Same pt, going to dialysis has a pacemaker, and a heart rate of 50, do I TXP this pt out of a hospital to go 50 miles to there dialysis center ? or do i refuse TXP, explain to the nurse, what happend and let them take her to the ER or follow there protocols for that situation ... what am I to do on a BLS level for a pt on a pacemaker with that heart rate? again besides o2 and txp theres nothing.

this is what flopeyeman was talking about. you are insisting on taking unstable pt's outta hospitals to go to subsidary care facilities, you are the only one who needs there cert pulled.

"Why are you asking a question you should be answering? " sarcasm go over your head? (fyi: MORE SARCASM.)

" More than likely the Dr's and nurse take cover and run and the patients fend for themselves. This statement shows you are ignorant to the realities of ER care and policies..."

I'm sorry you misread hospital floor to equal ER? or do you not read before you type .. you quotted where it said hospital floor then you rebuttle with ER policies? who cares about ER policies on the 10th floor ?

Then you quote someone i quotted and say I'm incorrect... how am i wrong for quotting someone ?

"Kindly clarify this statement..Also explain what being a marine has to do with refusing to do psych calls? Unless of course your a marine psych pt? "

someone questioned my work ethic and anyone Marine will tell you that no Marine chumps out on work, and I assure you psych pt's don't "scare" me

"No it begs mnore questions than it answers. These two astuite and highly capable and experienced individuals were just being niuce and trying to politely tell you that you're wrong. They believe in being PC, I am not going to coddle you like they do on parris island with stress cards and counseling and such. I'm kinda like lue bat that you so obviously need to get educated about EMS care. "

Maybe thoose cards are new cuz I never even saw one let alone used one. and notice they didnt say anything after the clarifying post only you did.

"I like to ensure that my patients recieve the BEST and most appropriate care."

how is a person not in your state whom you never met, or saw your pt? thats just stupidity, trying to save the world? not possible.

"you wouldn't pull this crap with ''''''''Dustdevil or asys,''''''''''' or many others of fame here. Don't be fooled by the low number behind my post count and think I'm an easy newbie mark. I'm not; so before you even attempt to make a personal or professional attack against me, consider what you say wisely and for along time...."

BUT NOTICE THEY ARE NOT THE ONES MAKING FOOLS OF THEMSELVES. TELLING PROVIDERS TO PULL CRITICAL/UNSTABLE PT'S OUTTA THE HOSPITAL TO GO FOR DIALYSIS.

Please point out where I said anything of the sort and reference-post the exact quote where I said those words... I said nothing of the sort. THANK YOU FOR PLAYING PLEASE DON'T TRY AGAIN Rolling Eyes

your entire argument which is based on my statements, my statements are based on the pt already being in the hospital, not in a residence, or dialsys ctr or radiology ctr, or a flag down. ALL MY STATEMENTS ARE BASED ON PTS BEING IN THE HOSPITAL ALREADY, WHY WOULD I PROVIDE CARE WHEN PPL HIGHER ABOVE MY TRAINING ARE THERE AND CAN DO IT ? WHY TAKE THEM OUT OF THE HOSPITAL TO DIALYSUS CUZ THEY HAVE ELEVATED BP OR LOW PULSE OR WHATEVER IT MAY BE ? WHATS THE BENEFIT TO THE PT.?

there is none cracker jack, best bet is call a code and get to ER downstairs not go 50 miles to dialsys . do you comprehend now ? or are you a ittle 2 thick ?

p.s. its 215 AM im a little tired forgive the typo's

Floppy,

I'll again caution you to heed my previous advice..

I'll warn you don't come to an intellectual arguement with less than the required amount of ATP. You will lose, and look like a fool in the process. You wouldn't pull this crap with "Dustdevil, asys, ACE844, Ditch,"or many of the others of fame here. Don't be fooled by the low number behind my post count and think I'm an easy newbie mark. I'm not; so before you even attempt to make a personal or professional attack against me, consider what you say wisely and for along time....

pinymayu

and yet strangley you have grown wiser and see that he is right..... :shock: who knew..who could it be? Are you objecting to the substance or are you making an observation?

Just making an observation. Any other conclusion and you're reading way too far into my post.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.