UK Medics I need your input

Howdie rm81dragon,

As for all your qualies...All the fire fighting quilies will not help you out here. You will have to start from the begining again with those. Although will stand you in good stance once in the fire service....

You high angle USART etc might be helpful with some of the voluntry organisations here but not with the Fire service. SWAT training might help with some "first Aid" training but the police is a law unto themselves here so might prove very difficult use those skills with them and advise them.

As for your para goodies...Look into the link with the Health Proffesionals web site. I know other Paramedics that had to submit their certificates and even their traininig logs or books/sign off books for skills learnt or done on the road or in the training dept. also had to add some of their patient report forms to prove that they have infact worked on the road. Its a bit of a ache in the rear but worth the look into. Although if succesful you will have to do the driving course over here.

Sorry to not sound positive about it all. Also be prepared for a non existant development program here. Really sucks and all you do is off your own back. No support in any way or form from the Managers or financialy.

Best of luck hope I have helped??

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.