Was I wrong?

Imagine89

This is a BLS job.

What is ALS going to do for this patient? Even if it's AMS, we are not going to be able to fix it unless it's due to hypoxia, opoid analgesics, other drugs, or hypoglycemia.

What would I have done as a medic? a 12-Lead, a physical exam, and check the sugar. And then release back to BLS.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the person on top of me..hi CJ...lol. :shock: :wink:

Seriously, what ALS intervention do for this patient other than stabilize VS that per your assessment are already stable?

That being said, what was the Glucose reading on this patient? I didn't see it listed and therefore do not know if EMT's are capable of completing this skill out your way. Also, any new meds the patient may have been put on by his PCP lately? Perhaps over the counter yummies of any kind? 8) Patient seem febrile at all? Obviously something neuro is being altered and therefore needs an ER assessment. ALS intervention would only oversee and be capable of possibly stabilizing VS a bit more appropriately if they became unstable.

My two cents...... :lol:

Seventeen years old? I am not knocking you, I am sure you our quite capable, but I am going to assume all seventeen year olds are idiots until proven otherwise.

Then again I do that with every provider I don't know, regardless of age.

Around here seventeen year olds cant even drive a car after a certain time. Never mind an ambulance.

I do agree with your decision.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.