EMS legislation and other documents

Pelotari

Hi everyone. I am a student of Public Administration in Mexico and I have to hand in a paper on a public policy issue. As I'm also an EMT and I'd like the profession to improve here, so I thought I'd make it on how to start a public agency on Emergency Medical Services in Mexico City.

The problem is that I haven't found -I don't know if there even are- articles on EMS from public poilcy/economic/government perspective. So, I must find acts or government documents in other countries (Canada and the US basically, but if someone everywhere has information on this, I'd be glad if you could help me) in order to, based on those documents, make some recommendations to the City government.

Can you tell me where can I find any information on EMS legislation, articles or statistics about it?

Thanks,

Mariana.

You can find thousands of articles on EMS public policy. Look at peer reviewed scholarly journals. Go to your local library or university and look into search engines such as PubMed and Ebscohost. These will provide you with articles from a variety of journals based on your search query. What are the specifics of your research? I have done plenty of research on EMS policy while in college...the articles are out there, you just need to run searches for them ( NOT ON GOOGLE).

good luck, once you start finding several articles on a specific topic, you will be able to form a thesis from there. This is the hardest part, gathering all the info, forming a thesis and main arguements. Once you start writing, its a breeze. I did my senior thesis on the unification of wireless enhanced 911. I am not sure what sort of emergency system Mexico already has in place, but if that is something you would consider, I could certainly bounce some ideas. PM me if you'd like.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.