First day of ride time.

Well, if you do that in Louisiana, they're going to look at you like you have a third eye in the centre of your forhead. They don't do the whole fire-EMS thing in Louisiana.

If you personally know somebody in the FD there in Cali, then sure, ask them and maybe they will do the leg work for you, or even sneak you in the back door if there is no official ride program. But if you don't know anybody there personally, I recommend that you either try and find a personal contact and meet some guys there, or simply go through official channels. That means call the fire admin office and tell them your story, or at least tell them the story you think they want to hear. :D

Hey Equivalentrade, what are these LEDs you are talking about hooking up? They made you wire up their new light bars or something? :?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I guess I'm being lazy asking this question when I could just go ask myself! Thanks for your input though. I just haven't had a chance to go to my local ff station.I know the ambulance company I did my ride along with will allow anyone that has completed an EMT class to go on a ride along. They are mostly a transfer company that works with the fire/medics so to go with them again would put me in the same situation!Medics do all the work ,then bls truck shows up and transfers! I want to ride with the medics .I will go check out the local fire department around he house and see what they say!Thanks to all!

Haha. I feel your pain.

Care Ambulance: Can't Assess Real Emergencies.