No Description...

strippel

Dispatched yesterday for an unconscious person. We are immediately suspiscious, as this is a very high maintenance block.

Arrived on location to be advised "caller being given CPR instructions". (This gives us our supervisor, and engine company, and PD).

We go inside to see frequent flyers, man passed out on the floor, prescription drug overdose with alcohol. Same as previous MO. Cancel everyone except the supervisor. His son and wife state he had shoulder pain, and took some pain meds, and was drinking beer. Pain continued, so he took more pain meds (Oxycontin), nitro, and kept on drinking. After being unresponsive for some time while watching TV, his family combined brain cells, and became concerned. They called 911, and threw him to the floor.

When confirming with his wife what happened, she stated that his shoulder hurt, he took pain pills, nitro, and was drinking beer. I said, "pain pills, nitro, and beer?" She states he took "pain pills, nitro, and beer". I told her that when he takes that all together, it's not so good. She states, "he didn't take any pain pills...he ain't got no description for them. The doctor didn't give him no description for pain pills".

I then asked again what he took. She stated "pain pills, nitro, and beer". HMMM.

Turns out he was having a major MI (nothing interesting showed on the monitor initially), and when he was fully awake, got pissed at the doctor. As the transporter was waiting to take him to the cath lab, he signed himself out AMA.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.