Part Time EMT B training

marine

...and does anyone know if military training rolls over. Thanks.

Can you be more specific about what you are talking about??

If you mean combat first aid training, no, it does not give you credit towards EMT school.

If you mean combat first aid training, no, it does not give you credit towards EMT school.

Hi Dust,

I was talking to a P.A. who treated me a couple yrs ago about that. He had 2 hitches as a Navy corpsman, inc Iraq 1. He said the same thing. That his experience made school alot easier, but they didn't count his military classes for anything. But they did count some night classes he took at the Onslow county community college outside LeJeune.

Really struck me as kind of dumb.

Does much transfer for military nurses? Just curious.

I am in Anaconda, Iraq right now. They are offering an EMT course that is 16 days long. If you make it through all the testing that they have everyday and pass the course you will than be given the opportunity to take the national exam and it costs you nothing!!!!! Supposedly there is a 50% drop out rate but the soldiers that work for me have all passed the national test. I am going to it next month and I can let you know for sure what it is like. So if you ever make your way to Balad look into it. I am not sure what kind of credits that you get with the training but I can find that out also.

Just to let you know that they offer the Combat Lifesaver Class (CLS), if you haven't had the opportunity to take that I would suggest it. You do get to do live sticks on each other. If you make it through the EMT class they also have a class called CMASS which is a advanced life support class that you do more sticking and more in depth training. By the way you stick each other in the dark in this one. Good luck

I am in Anaconda, Iraq right now. They are offering an EMT course that is 16 days long.

Interesting! Who is running it? We can't hardly even get CLS classes going here in III Corps. Somebody always shoots it down.

Does much transfer for military nurses? Just curious.

Military nurses (as well as all professional positions) are all civilian trained and licensed, so transferability isn't really an issue like it is with the technical trades.

Dustdevil and Marine,

I just want to let you know that I didn't forget about checking for you. The person with all the contacts for when they leave is on pass right now. Should be back on Monday or Tuesday. I will let you know as soon as I find out. I am going to emt training starting the 9th. I will let you know how that goes. Later

Stay Safe