Have you ever been injured in the back of the ambulance

Unfortunately this is a risk of the job. It can and will happen sometime in your career, even with an excellent driver. The one thing no one has mentioned yet is being injured while in a fight in the back of the truck. It may be just me but I've been in several. In our system LEO refuses to ride with us 99% of the time, and think that once the pt. calms down all is well. Then once the doors shut all HELL breaks loose. If you are moving down the road it takes a few minutes to stop and get more help. I've been cut with a knife, struck with every object imaginable plus a few you wouldn't think could fly through the air. :lol: Things just happen or so it seems. Have you ever had the partner that will instigate things especially when its your turn in the back. That's my luck every-shift, Oh well sorry to ramble on. Thanks for letting me vent a little. bf1511

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.