fire based EMS

So yeah, fire based EMS is certainly capable of providing the lowest acceptable level of service and maintaining it. Some -- although very rarely in a big department -- even excel.

Although you do have do have some good points to say that we provide the lowest form of service is wrong. Down here in the states there are places that suck at EMS, but to lump all fire-based services in one group is wrong. In fact, I would put the 19 paramedics that I work with against any other group of 19 medics working at one agency anywhere in the world. I work for a Washington department, and in my county, and the west coast in general is very progressive with EMS. In my county we have a very progressive QA/QI program to prevent lowest common denominator medics from surviving/ hiding in our system. We also have active protocol commitee that is constantly reviewing current methods and equipment ( and medications) to see how we can improve our service.

Its too bad you have such a negative outlook on fire based EMS. While I am sure you can find whole organizations that would fit your model of poor practice, there are some absolutely phenominal paramedics and EMT's that you take credit from when you make such general statements. Perhaps if you worked for a fire based provider you could effect change in your area from the inside. Or you could move to the Pacific Northwest U.S. and see first hand what I am talking about.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although you do have do have some good points to say that we provide the lowest form of service is wrong.

You are misquoting me, and everything you just said is in direct contradiction to what I actually said.

Remember when you took your EMT test they told you if something says "always" it means always, but if it doesn't say "always" it doesn't mean always? Well, the same caveat applies in real life. I didn't say that anybody always did anything. I did not lump anyone into anything. In fact, I went out of my way to mention some specific exceptions. You're just too caught up in your own territorialism to read correctly. :roll:

hahaha... I'm still laughing at the "down here in the states" comment....

Dustdevil... you're gonna have everyone here thinkin' your a canuck livin' in a trailer park with the boys pretty soon :|:lol:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.