EMT Boots

vcfd35s

Grace, I have no idea what you are talking about. You were the first one to post here in over a month. :?

Yeah I have no idea either... I was tired LOL Sorry about that... I think I'm losing it. :wink:

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we're back on this topic, everyone I know who has bought Bates Ultra-lights has said it's the most comfortable boot ever. I have a pair of Bates Enforcers that I've had for about 6 years...they're ready to be replaced now, but felt great. I have a friend who even wears hers off duty (but she can pull that look off more than I can).

If you're working 24 hour shifts, I do recommend a zipper. Saves time getting dressed (not only the lacing, but opening the boot wide enough to get your foot in).

Galls has boots that are water-resistant, composite toe, and zipper. Having the boot does (not just ankle) helps when walking on awkward terrain (I've had a few close ankle injuries) AND helps when standing for long periods of time...you can kind of lean into them.

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you mean baggy?

Guess since I have to ask I probably can't help

Maybe bulky is a better word.

Anthony, Do you know how the Bates Ultra-lights are for being warm?

Do you have ice problems with them sliping and/or falling.

Ooh, that's one thing I haven't really exposed my boots to. They have good tread for all surfaces I've been on, but haven't been on ice. Been on snow a bit and they were okay, but don't have much to compare them to. They kept my feet warm in 50 degree weather, minus strong windchill when working freeway crashes near the bay...but that was probably 30-40 at coldest and no snow around my feet. They don't have extra thick lining or anything like that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.