onlime emt training

favazzor

I think admin basically wanted to put an end to the grammar and spelling police debate and as such we've probably beat said topic to death and we probably do not have much else to focus on in terms of productive dialogue?

Regarding online education, I can only see online activities and exercises continue to proliferate. Particularly with the success of people like Mr. Khan of the Khan Academy and the MIT Open course ware (OCW) and OCWx. I am starting to add online components to the classes I teach and the data collection and feedback over the past year has been encouraging. I am not confident a completely online course is possible for subjects involving significant use of psychomotor skills however. With that, I can see the "right" kind of student being able to complete didactic lectures online and showing up to a hybrid class that focuses the time spend in the classroom on psychomotor exercises, group work and problem solving and clinical labs/rotations.

I am a full believer in the online course experience. I have taken both online and in class and a hybrid form of classes for many different forms of learning and subjects from astronomy to history. I got my Master's degree in Project Management via online and in class and fared no better and or no worse for either.

The online versus in class course experience is how you make it, if you rest on your laurels and don't do the work in either setting then you fail or do poorly, if you put your all into it, then you will do well. Simple as that.

So I have NO issues with online EMT classes nor online Medic classes until you get to the hands on coursework and then you need a in class place to go and learn. Just how often are your family and friends going to let you board and collar them, stick them with a needle or do whatever you have to for your skills learning and just how do you find out if your technique is right or wrong.

So by all means if you are hell bent on getting the classroom portion online, I have no issues with it. Others here might but I certainly do not.