What college is best in Ontario (Paramedic program)

I am a first year paramedic student in ontario and I am finding the anatomy very difficult! I just failed (because of anatomy) and I don't know where to go from here. Should I look into CTS private college? Are they any good? Should I wait and retake it at another college (starting September) ? Or should I just look for something else? I have wanted to be a Paramedic for a long time, and I'm starting to doubt if its for me.. Should I continue with paramedic? What college (in ontario) would you recommend? Thanks.

Any program you go to has a big anatomy portion. Changing schools won't change the fact you have to pass that course. I'm pretty sure most colleges will have anatomy I and II, mine did. If you're still wanting to go through with the paramedic program you're going to have to get through those courses. There are options available. General science classes starting in January will be a big help for you, online anatomy courses, study groups. Once you get your basics down, try again in September at the same college where you must already have some courses down.

As for CTS, you're looking at an two year program condensed into one. From what ive heard it's even harder and less forgiving than two year programs.

You need to decide if you want this or not. And know you're not the first, nor will you be the last to fail the anatomy course. Half my class failed, came back the next year and went on to graduate.

Edited by Curiosity
  • Like 2

Failing anatomy is not necessarily a college issue. Admittedly, some instructors have different methods that you might find helpful, but at the end of the day it's up to you to spend some time with your notes and textbooks and make sure you get it. Echoing what Curiosity said, many people in my program needed to come back a second time to make it through one course or another. If you go back, you'll have the benefit of some experience, and can hopefully stay ahead of the workload and study hard.

This an opportunity for some personal growth: look at is as a chance to be a better student, not to find a better college.

• Like 2

It's not necessarily the anatomy I'm having the difficult with, it's how the instructor presents the information. I just feel like I need the change, and take a break from it. Coming right from high school into this program was a big difference and there was a lot to learn! I am still undecided about my future, but I really appreciate the help you have given me. Thank you