Two-Year Old Boy Killed in Tragic Pittsburgh Zoo Accident

News

Boy fell into a wild African dog exhibit and was immediately attacked.

APZoo_1.jpg

This photo taken Sunday, Nov. 4, 2012 shows the exterior view of the front entrance of the Pittsburgh Zoo, where zoo officials say a young boy was killed after he fell into the exhibit that was home to a pack of African painted dogs, who pounced on the boy and mauled him. It’s not clear whether he died from the fall or the attack, said Barbara Baker, president and CEO of the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium. (AP Photo/John Heller)

HPB2gNpNOis

View the full article

HOLY SHIT, this story just makes me so sad for the family and is a tragedy.

Also how the hell was there a way that this kiddo could have fallen in the enclosure. You can bet that there is no check with the right amount of zeros that can make this right.

Plus I'll bet that the next time the zoo is open the gazebo will no longer be open for people to walk into and after the court case that is bound to occur, the gazebo will be a thing of the past.

I can say for certain that if it was my child, I would have been in that enclosure after him. What I read was that the zoo keepers came and shood the animals away which they did. but they did have to shoot one of the dogs. So the dogs were afraid of humans so having someone go in after the child may have helped but who knows. But I would have given it my best try. I'd have gone out trying to save my child.

But my heart breaks for this family as well as the animals because many people will call for their deaths because of their killing the child.

Reading other sites, everyone else is reporting that the child survived the fall and the dogs killed him.

As for how he fell in, it's been said that the mother lifted him to the top of a fence so he could see better without holding him. Unless it's confirmed otherwise, the fault is with the mother.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.