Virginia Paramedics Join Police Dive Team

News

come on dude, you are jealous because our news guys have nothing better to do than report on this feel good story.

I mean, I'd be jealous too if the story was on the other foot.

ha ha ha

on a alternate note, how you doing Kat?

Hey bud, doing better. I'm just making light of this story because we've done the same here...although we're not quite active yet because I want my group to get some additional training.

It's been a roller coaster couple of weeks. For those that aren't aware of everything....

Oct 11 - I was presented with the QE II Diamond Jubilee Medal by the Governor General of Canada for "Having made a significant contribution to a particular province, territory, region or community within Canada, or an achievement abroad that brings credit to Canada".

http://paramedic-net...ews.com/?p=2456

Check out 36:15 on this video:

mms://mediasvr.legassembly.sk.ca/archive/20121011Video.wmv

Oct 15 - I was invited by the provincial Minister for Rural and Remote Health to submit a proposal I had been working on for a pilot evaluation to reduce workload for doctors and create regionally based critical transport teams rather than centrally located ones.

Oct. 17 - I was invited to make a presentation to a mining consortium for the provision of medical services.

Oct 18 - my dad was diagnosed with early onset mixed dementia.

0300 hrs Oct 21- I'm out on a call transporting a drug overdose (up to 100 grams acetominophen) and get called that my dad passed away unexpectedly.

Sunday Night I had to take my wife's grandmother in for treatment of Kidney Failure. Here are her labs:

• Potassium was 8.2 mmol/L
  • Chloride - 113
  • Urea - 29.6
  • Creatinine -289
  • eGFR - 13 ml/min
  • Hemoglobin - 96 g/l

So, here I was trying to decide if I should tell my wife that Grandma isn't doing so hot either, fortunately I kept my mouth shut.

Monday my 2 year old daughter falls and sprains her elbow...a week later she's still in pain. Got out of the clinic just in time to Meet with the funeral director, then I get called for an ALS intercept just after the meeting. Finally, I have to take my younger son back to his mom's house, 6 hour round trip drive. Fortunately, my older son volunteered to take him because I had been going for almost 60 hours and 6 hours sleep.

Tuesday I worked on Dad's eulogy

Wednesday was municipal election day....guess who was running for Mayor and won. :)

Thursday my wife's Gmother was discharged from hospital....still quite weak, but improved. Docs in the big city took her off many of the meds she was on...such as Slow K. :rolleyes:

Friday was the funeral.

Saturday was my oldest son's final ever high school football game and for the first time ever he had all of his uncles, aunts, and grandparents there to cheer him on. After winning every game of the season they lost in the quarter final championship game 31-26. He was hoping to score a TD for grandpa, but didn't.

Sunday morning I woke and realised that after all the family and friends left things returned to normal except I have no dad.

Today I have a business meeting to hammer out details on a new venture.

Roller Coaster for sure. I mean really, we're in the family reception line following my father's service and people are congratulating me. How messed up is that? :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.