Hey guys, been a while since I posted. Busy busy busy.

Hey gang, sorry I been out of touch lately but working these jobs takes a lot of my time. Other than that it's going great. I been doing a lot of

different transports jobs. Like a lot of you say, It's a great way to get your assessment skill higher and that's what I been doing. I learn so much about the PT just by reading the file and taking a quick peep at the PT. Today was one of those days, I transported a Psych PT. I mean, I transported a PT with dementia before but, this one just got out of hands.(but we handle it well). The ride was long of course. PT said she has sever anxiety at some points. (alright, good to know) During transports she just starts to have a panic attack and we are stuck in traffic. I was driving and my partner was in the back. She was not violent what so ever. We tried to make her feel as comfortable as she can be. Which worked but only for a few minutes at a time. She complained of being thirsty,hot,pain,uncomfortable,SOB,having a stroke,claustrophobic. It was a long ride so yeah, every minute was a different story. Did everything we can do and she was feeling better at times but It just went on and on and on. As far as the pain, according to the RN back at the pick up location "it was all in the head" I talked to her the whole way to the hospital during transport while helping my partner calm her down. Some how my voice just made her feel better. Did I mention that she knew who she was,where she was and where she was going. (Yeah I know) she started to get worst as soon as we left her off at the hospital. Interesting day it was for us today.

Denny.

The last psych transfer I did I really thought I was in for a fight for the entire ride. She didnt want to go, ran away from us...then the PA and 2 aides literally dragged her to the stretcher. Got her to sit down and was helping her get settled and she kicked one of the aides in the chest and punched my partner in the mouth. Got her seatbelts fastened and she is screaming the whole way to the ambulance. LOL!! So I told the PA that I wasnt going to put up with the kicking and punching and my partner got out the 4 point soft restraints. He was ready to tie her down for the trip. I talked to her and made a deal with her..if she behaved for the ride and didnt punch or kick, I wouldnt tie her hands and feet. It took a few minutes but she finally agreed. She calmed down except for occasional outbursts of how she hated her mother and sister! OYE!! Anyway got to our destination and she was fine...cooperative and calm.

Fun times :)

Wow. It does take a while to calm them down. It is interesting to see these people think the worst and imagine anything and everything,

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.