heard of this online aha recert?

i fell into a hole - practically

i forgot my time with acls and pals were coming near, unfortunately neither my volunteer gig, my paid gig, nor the local college are offering acls or pals anytime in the near future. well while looking to see if there were any not-quite-as-local classes coming up my wife stumbled across www.palscourse.com - it says they offer acls and pals recerts without in-classroom/hands on. my impression was that aha required hands on but i am not positive. anyone know of the validity of these classes - any help is appreciated.

-X

i fell into a hole - practically

i forgot my time with acls and pals were coming near, unfortunately neither my volunteer gig, my paid gig, nor the local college are offering acls or pals anytime in the near future. well while looking to see if there were any not-quite-as-local classes coming up my wife stumbled across www.palscourse.com - it says they offer acls and pals recerts without in-classroom/hands on. my impression was that aha required hands on but i am not positive. anyone know of the validity of these classes - any help is appreciated.

-X

REmember the movie quote "Be afraid, be very afraid" well you might want to be.

I would contact the AHA And ask them directly if that online pals and acls course will actually meet the true qualifications for the AHA. My bet is that they won't. My bet is that the only thing that that online course will meet for you is that they will guarantee you that you will be parted with your money and they will cash your check.

Don't risk it until you have all the answers. Too much for you is at stake as well as anyone else who find themselves in your shoes.

I went to the website and looked at their FAQ's Nothing referring to the AHA at all. Here was the only question relating to accreditation

What is your accreditation status?

A: Our courses are endorsed by the North American Medical Certification Committee of Advisors (NAMCCA). NAMCCA was created with the purpose of setting a precident for online medical certification courses by ensuring they uphold current medical guidelines that are accepted through traditional offline teaching.

To me this speaks volumes - they are accredited by the NAMCAA but not the AHA. This is a HUGE RED FLAG.

I even sent them a question regarding the AHA info and I will post that answer I get from them as soon as I get them. I'm guessing that this is an organization that contracts with facilities that want to train their workers in bulk the information taught in pals and ACLS but want a cut rate to do it. They get the same or (less than same) amount of material that is given by the AHA and they don't require their employees to have AHA cards. My suspicions are that these companies are places like nursing homes, long term care facilties and other places. I can't guarantee that but my gut tells me that this is what it's like.

Plus reading what they have as their highlights. They say that their materials are crafted (love that word) after the 2012 AHA materials. Sounds like they have written their own materials and picked and chosen what they want to teach.

Plus if you pay an extra 39.00 you can have your card in one day although if you take a AHA Course you can actually get your own card on the same day you take the class. But for 39.00 you get your card the same day.

The only mention of the AHA in any of this sites materials is that it mentions crafting the materials after the AHA guidelines. I'm really worried that people who are gullible might choose this site to gain their recert or certification in ACLS (that's this sites words for it) and spend all their money on these classes and get shafted in the end.

But then again, maybe they are legit.

ok, What you need to do and this goes for anyone.

You need to have the information on the online program in your hand. Then call your bureau of EMS and ask them directly when you call them.

They are your source of truth.

I am waiting on an email from my state. If my state says "yep, we accept them" then I'll consider using them for my last relicensure.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.