Scenario practice

COBHC

Does anyone here know where I would be able to find practice ILS scenarios, preferably online? I'm testing for a position with an ambulance company pretty soon and although I'm confident in my abilities, more practice can't hurt. I don't have anyone with similar or greater knowledge that I would be able to practice with in person, so I'm looking for the next best thing.

While I'm not sure about ILS scenarios, I can't imagine it would be much different. If I'm not able to find a particular scenario I try to create my own. I consider a particular injury/illness and go through what would be commonly seen. Hx, vitals, head-to-toe, etc. I ask myself questions, "What range would this patients vital signs be in for this injury/illness?" "What would I likely find on examination?" "Why would I find that?" "What's my treatment plan?" "Why have I chosen that as my treatment plan?"

It's probably not for everyone, but I always found it useful to go in reverse. It helps me to understand the why, and not just the what.

This forum also has a good scenarios section, http://www.emtcity.com/forum/35-scenarios/ -- I haven't personally participated yet, but I do plan on it. I've found many of the topics to be useful, some of them to be more obscure that I've never even thought of before.

Good luck on test!

• Like 1