Help a Fellow Medic Get a Leg Up

Howdy from Kentucky,

I'm Joe Riffe, A paramedic in Louisville Ky. Back in May I fell 130ft from the top of a waterfall while hiking with my family. As a result I have had a litany of injuries (Anterior knee dislocation, Torn ACL, LCL, PCL, Meniscus, Fx Femur, Fx Tib/Fib, Fx Calcanus, Fx Tavonavicular joint, severed my popliteal artery, compartment syndrome, and from this I now have a femoral-popliteal bypass, a knee that is beyond repair, an ankle that is beyond repair, and peronal nerve palsy aka foot drop) all of which have resulted in me having to have an above knee amputation.

I'm here to ask for help from my fellow brothers and sisters in EMS. Due to the amount of time I've had to have off from work I am going to have to pay my insurance out of pocket and have no benefit time remaining to help while I'm off having the amputation and rehab. I've been told that I will be able to return to work with the right prosthetic, which I'm assured I can get if I keep my current insurance. It's the Otto Bock Genium, the same that is given to US soldiers returning to war, if you're interested.

I have a fundraiser going on Facebook currently and am wondering if any of you have any ideas for other ideas in raising the money I need to keep my insurance and home while I'm out of commission for several months. Any ideas are welcome.

Oh and if anybody is feeling generous here's the link to the fundraiser along with the information I've listed above, please send me a PM.

Thanks for any ideas or support, or both.

DirteMedic aka Joe Riffe

Edited by EMT City Administrator
Removed link and changed text to have you contact OP for more info.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.