Change in trauma center criteria?

HERBIE1

Interesting. This supports the anecdotal evidence I think most of us already knew about motor vehicle accidents. Seems that intrusion damage into the patient compartment area- which for many EMS systems is a determining factor in trauma center transport regardless of vitals or corresponding injuries- is NOT an accurate predictor of NEED for trauma center services. I'd like to see more patients evaluated, but this is a start, One thing that disturbs me about this- and many other EMS studies- is there always seems to be a qualifier about how many prehospital reports are either unavailable, incomplete, or illegible. If we want to be taken seriously as a profession, we need to put more emphasis on documentation, folks.

Prove it: Mechanism of injury accurately predicts who needs a trauma center

http://www.ems1.com/research-reviews/articles/1190216-Prove-it-Mechanism-of-injury-accurately-predicts-who-needs-a-trauma-center/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.