Need opinion..encouragement..advice?

sstatler

I am up for renewal of my cert march 2012. I do not use my emt license...I work for home healthcare because it paid more than my previous EMT job AND...I want to do nursing-I am set to start end of 2012 for my nursing school....

It is my first recertification and the Urgent Care I worked as an EMT at..refuses to affiliate themselves on the NREMT website...therefore I couldnt renew if I wanted to.

In all honestly I wanted to renew and I am heartbroken I cant because at this point if I started at a new agency and affiliated with them I doubt I would be with them for the 6 month minimum required by NREMT to renew.

I feel stuck...

I know that I do NOT need it....for future or now..however I dont want to look like a quitter? and...it woudl have been such a waste if I dont renew...

I guess I know I cannot renew...I just want to see if anyone has suggestions on how to get around affiliation or...words of encouragement....

Well, for starters, it looks like you've already made a decision not to renew. I think that's also the best of action in your case. Your career progression into nursing will neither be helped or hindered by a recertification process. Bearing that in mind, I would leave it as it is and concentrate on being the best nursing student you can.

If you then later decide to do something in EMS, you can always pick it back up. You'd likely get a lot of concessions for your nursing qualification. IN Pennsylvania you can even challenge the NREMT exam and become a PHRN (Registered Pre-Hospital Nurse).

Go forward and don't fret about the past (or things you can do nothing about), It's a waste of energy.

Positive enough for you? :mobile:

WM

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.