Paramedic Student.

codesurfer

New member here about to finish EMT-P school.

I work as an EMT-I for a 911 service now, but I am going to need all the help I can get in the next few months trying to turn all this useless knowledge into something helpful on the ambulance!!

Any assistance and advise you are willing to share is greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Knowledge is power. All knowlege, even knowledge that seems inconsecuential. Soak up all you can because someday it will come in handy. Guys on this forum sometimes offer up little nuggets of knowledge that is truly valuable.

Hang around and participate. We are glad to have you.

Did you train with Red Cross?

Edited by DFIB

I think my phrase "useless knowledge" came out a little wrong.

I didn't quite mean useless, it's just that I'm not quite sure what to do with it all yet. I think it's more along the lines of I've got all this information in my head and I don't quite understand what it all means yet! LOL! That kind of useless!

Thank you!

I did not specifically train through the Red Cross, but I do have a history with the Red Cross through disaster awareness and response.

That makes much more sense. Thank you for the clarification.

I know that feeling, too. Fortunately for you there are a lot of really smart people here who can help put all that knowledge to good use.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. Don't be afraid to participate. Things may seem to get a little feisty from time to time but that's what helps keep this place interesting.

I am glad I was able to clarify what my thought process was to y'all. This was a 0200 post after a long day at work and class and was frustrated with it all, but it made perfect sense in my head at the time! LOL! I was always told that the day you know everything in EMS was the day you needed a new job! So I was kind of upset that my statement was taken that way by you guys, I didn't want to be classified as that girl! =D Paramedic school has been a long and frustrating process, but I have learned SO much over the past year and I really do hope I can make use of it all now that it's all over! Scary....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.