New EMT-B Student in Jersey

BettyLK

30 year old mom living at the military base in Jersey with an AF hubby. About to start an EMT-B class. I'm really looking forward to it just nervous and excited all at the same time.

I love this site! So much great information from everyone :)

Erica

I want to add a little more here. I'm a full time admin asst at a child day care center at one of our military CDC's. I do love where I work and who I work with. But I want to explore something that I've always wanted to do. Whether it was in the military or outside of it. I want to have a job where I feel I'm doing a lot of good for people. Whatever I can do for them I want to do.The class I'm taking is mostly 2 days a week with about every other saturday. So I will be able to go to class while I'm working another job. My husband deploys regularly for his job. But I have a good support system and already know and realize the hours if I was to do this full time wouldn't be what I'm used to. And what I would need to do if he was not here. Right now I'm lucky because my parents are staying with me from Brooklyn and will help a lot just with me going to classes. I hope to volunteer after the class to get experience. I will explore becoming a paramedic in the future as well. But only one day at a time.

Welcome! I just recently completed my EMT B program and it was tons of fun! volunteering is great! you can receive a lot of experience and knowledge by doing that. I went into volunteering toward the end of my class and it was awesome, I just wished I have done it earlier!

Erica,

Thank you and your hubby for your service to our country.

I often hear people say EMS is fun. I love it but I don't know if I would call it fun. EMS is stimulating, chalenging, exciting and extremely gratifying.

I am glad that you are here.

Welcome.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.