Testing Question

INems

Dwayne,

Thanks! I'm making my guest appearance!! lol..

I'm still torn about the nitro. I guess I just have this "thing" about an EMT-B administering a medication.

Understand that back in NJ where I've spent most of life, EMT school is a 3 month long crash course. There is also an extremely high rate of volunteers there. So the education, training and experience of an EMT up there varied greatly. Down here in Florida, the one at the local college is a year long and they were required to take college level A&P and Pharmacology (which I didn't even have to do in medic school). I guess that's something that I might have to get used.

Be that as it may, I was agreeing with you on the IWMI which is where my other hesitance came from. If there's right ventricular involvement, you can kiss her B/P good bye post nitro administration, which did make a hasty retreat. He can't fix that with Trendelenburg secondary to the SOB, unless you say screw it and lay her flat and start ventilating.

Boy, I miss these discussions!! I wonder if I can access this page at work???? lol.