Hello from Southern Illinois

jclutts

Hello all! It has been awhile but I was a member in 2008 while going through my basic class, but haven't been on in awhile. Since then I have changed my email address so I had to get a new username because I couldn't remember my password! :) I have been working as a part time EMT-Basic since August 2008. I also work full time evenings at another job, but am hoping to find a different job soon so that I can start with a Paramedic class! I just wanted to tell everyone hello! :)

Jodi

Welcome back. What part of southern Illinois? Went to school down there- a LONG time ago, volunteered for the local Red Cross, and rode with Jackson County EMS while taking EMT classes. How long ago, you ask?

They did not have ALS capabilities back then. LOL

I live in Cobden right now. I work part time at Union Co EMS. Took my basic at Johnson Co. I'm looking at moving north so I'm looking into different services, I would like to go to full time somewhere.

Where are you now?

I live in Cobden right now. I work part time at Union Co EMS. Took my basic at Johnson Co. I'm looking at moving north so I'm looking into different services, I would like to go to full time somewhere.

Where are you now?

I know the area well. Beautiful area- Giant City( The lodge has the best fried chicken and dumplings in the world), Devils Kitchen, Lake Kincaid, - had a great time down there. I'm at the other end of the state now. Ever go to Buncombe? There used to be a small general store there that sold shoes- specifically cowboy boots- from a back room at greatly discounted prices. (Apparently they would "find" shipments that fell off trucks. LOL) Back then, it was one of the coolest small towns I had ever seen.

I really need to get back down there and see my alma mater- SIU. It's been too long.

Yes I have been to Buncombe, I actually went to grade school at Lick Creek School which has a Buncombe address, we also played sports there. Neat little town. I love Giant City park, I go rappelling with my search and rescue team as much as possible!

I know the area well. Beautiful area- Giant City( The lodge has the best fried chicken and dumplings in the world), Devils Kitchen, Lake Kincaid, - had a great time down there. I'm at the other end of the state now. Ever go to Buncombe? There used to be a small general store there that sold shoes- specifically cowboy boots- from a back room at greatly discounted prices. (Apparently they would "find" shipments that fell off trucks. LOL) Back then, it was one of the coolest small towns I had ever seen.

I really need to get back down there and see my alma mater- SIU. It's been too long.

LOL! I gotta admit that, except for their politics and weather, Illinoise is pretty cool for a northern state. Ferris Bueller's Day Off sold me on it!

Welcome back and good luck!

LOL! I gotta admit that, except for their politics and weather, Illinoise is pretty cool for a northern state. Ferris Bueller's Day Off sold me on it!

Welcome back and good luck!

This is a very diverse state- in terms of climate as well as politics. Where jclutts lives is totally different than northern Illinois- much more temperate, a fraction of the snow. The vast majority of the state is actually pretty rural. As for politics- Chicago itself is Democratic, while the rest of the state is generally very Conservative/GOP.

Edited by HERBIE1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.