Looking Beyond Paramedic School

Bieber

So, I'm going to be graduating from paramedic school with my AAS in December and I'm looking toward the future. I absolutely love working as a paramedic, but I originally got into EMS to get a taste of medicine after I decided I wanted to go to medical school and I'm ready to get headed back down that path next spring. I don't expect to be able to work a full time schedule (it's set in such a way that I can't have the same days off every week), but I'd like to work as many hours as I can. However the university I went to prior to getting into EMS has very few online classes and the schedules are horribly non-conducive for working people and basically made for the 18 year old student who plans to live at the dorms, and to take the classes I want (and need) to take this coming semester I would have class Monday through Friday with only the weekends off. Being the brand spanking new paramedic that I will be, the absolute most thing that I need to continue to improve my abilities is to get experience and I'd like to get as much of it as I can.

So, here's my question for you people who have or currently are working EMS while going to school: how did you do it? Did you sacrifice time at work for school, or did you take online classes or did you just suffer a horrible schedule trying to juggle both? Also, if for anyone else here from Kansas, does anyone know about Fort Hays University's online classes?

So, here's my question for you people who have or currently are working EMS while going to school: how did you do it? Did you sacrifice time at work for school, or did you take online classes or did you just suffer a horrible schedule trying to juggle both? Also, if for anyone else here from Kansas, does anyone know about Fort Hays University's online classes?

It all depends on how bad you want it, sacrifice is part of life if you want something bad enough. When I was in school I worked also, every break I had at work my nose was stuck in a book. Every ball game my kids played in I had my book with me and studied while watching the games. I would fall asleep with a book in my hands at night. It all boils down to how much you want it and what you will do to get it. As far as the online classes go some people it works for some it does not.