EMT Training in Oregon

Hello all!

I am new to this and had some questions regarding EMT training. I know that in Oregon there are 3 levels, the second is voluntary. I am currently going to be starting school soon (the 30th) for my prerequisite. to get into our EMT program. I'm doing math right now, and I scored out of writing and English so I don't have to take those.

My question is this: I know I will be going for my Paramedic license and hopefully end up on Oregon's version of Life Flight. Should I be taking anymore prereqs. since I'm already in one?

Any advise would be sooo helpful as my college counselor bites and basically just says "read the course syllabus."

Thanks a bunch guys, and thanks for all the hard work you do. You may be seeing me on the chats soon!

~Samantha H.

• 5 months later...

If you want to end up on a flight crew, they're generally going to want 5 years as a medic in a busy metro area. A great place to see what experience they want, is to check the career section of the companies' websites. In fact there's one an hour south of Portland is looking to hire now.

Good luck in school!