Working EMS Outside Canada

I did my EMT Course at SAIT in Alberta, Canada, and I have been an EMT for just under 1 Year,

I have heard that EMT's in Australia have approximately the same type of training for EMT's and that EMT's and Paramedics can Go work in Australia from Canada.

I am wondering if anyone has any information on this, or knows where to get more information, Because if possible I would love to move to australia to work in EMS for a period of time.

Thanks for any input.

I think EMT in AB is the same as a PCP?

From what I know PCP is below the entry level in Australia (each service is different but Australia generally has two levels which are analouge to halfway between PCP and ACP and and ALS level which is more CCP-ish)

In New Zealand you'd fit right in (probably) your PCP scope of practice (symptom relief package) is pretty much exactly the same as our Ambulance Technician.

What are the EMT education requirements in AB? Clinicals? Medical oversight? OLMC etc?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.