Barack Obama for the Nobel Peace Prize

Just Plain Ruff

I will not comment due to the fact that I will not be slammed by people here. But Riff Raff if you like we can discuss this in private. :thumbsup:

Way too early and not appropriate. Seems like politics are getting into everything, everywhere....

Why is this not appropriate???

All I asked was for discussion, if people here cannot keep it civil then those should not respond.

I'm asking what your thought were about this honor to Obama?

I disagree with it but I don't make those decisions.

If you can respond and keep it civil then I think this is a very appropriate discussion. Besides it's not posted in the EMS forum but the personal section.

Why is this not appropriate???

I stand corrected and apologize to you. I just feel that it is too early in his administration for what he has/has not accomplished (yes I know he has to jump through the senate and house hoops) for what he is honored with. My opinion is that Obama does not have the foreign experience dealing with global issues; true he is trying and gaining respect, but I feel there are other national figures that may be more deserving. I would like to see the list of individuals that the commission reviewed for this honor. If you have that info, send it to me, I will review, and based upon the info, either bow to you or stand by my (not completely clear) statement.

I stand corrected and apologize to you. I just feel that it is too early in his administration for what he has/has not accomplished (yes I know he has to jump through the senate and house hoops) for what he is honored with. My opinion is that Obama does not have the foreign experience dealing with global issues; true he is trying and gaining respect, but I feel there are other national figures that may be more deserving. I would like to see the list of individuals that the commission reviewed for this honor. If you have that info, send it to me, I will review, and based upon the info, either bow to you or stand by my (not completely clear) statement.

never never never bow to me. That's what's inappropriate. but I digress

I would also like to see the others on the list of nominees. I would bet that the list was very short.

actually I correct the above statement supposedly according to this website there were 209 nominees. http://blog.taragana.com/n/record-205-nominees-for-2009-nobel-peace-prize-13899/

Edited by Ruffems

You can search the list of nominees. I feel Chinese dissident Hu Jia would have been a better choice, but again, that is my opinion.

I tried to search and find a list but all I found was a number. 209 people were nominated. 1 chosen. Not saying that he was not the right person but I think that there were others insanely more qualified.