How well do you like your job

danderson900

8. I'll probably like it more after completing an ALS program. Nothing more frustrating than knowing the care a patient requires and not being able to provide it.

+9

I love my job, love the people I work with (some of the best in the country), and love the service I work for (also one of the best, in my opinion). VERY progressive, evidence based medicine with sound finanical practices.

I gave it a 9 because the only thing I would change would be that our department needs to be a little more focused on promoting a proacvtive and positive image in our community. Our PR department at a time where budgets and everything is accountable should be doing PSA's to let the people know that we are here for THEM, that we are THEIR service. But, I guess that will follow soon enough.

I love my job simply put is the fact I get to help people, and truly make a difference. Rreguardless if it is a cold or "flu lke symptoms" for 2 weeks or a person suffering from CHF and without immediate intervention they will decomp. I take every opportunnity to treat, relieve stress, and educate my patients. I have an inability to sit still for very long periods of time....... ah crap my ADD is kickin in....... this job is a perfect match for me. I've always loved medicine and always loved helping people. This is a perfect combo for me.

I think it would also help if people would state how long they've been in their current position when they answer the question. I have a theory that job satisfaction in this field tends to go down as experience goes up.

I've been in EMS for 7 years, and I'm at about a 5 these days. Some days it's better, other times worse, but I probably average out at about a 5.

Been in current position rounding out 6 months and yes I do still love it despite having a few concerns. We are very safety oriented and they have worked with me on some situations that I didn't think they would so I'm quite happy. My prior job I was at for 5 years and I loved it, and only left to pursue a different aspect of EMS. I felt appreciated, had an amazing boss and crew to work with. Couldn't have asked for better - which was fantastic and the pay was quite good (I could afford to live on one job) as it is now. So current job I'd give about an 8, and my old job a 10. Though no, I don't think I'll be switching back though it's crossed my mind for a few reasons recently, but I'm staying put. I worked too hard to get where I'm at to throw it away.

ok, I do perform this job for the money. What little I get in a year but I AM in it for the money. If I wasn't in it for the money I'd be working somewhere else.

I like my job on good days and on bad days. Each day is different and I enjoy the variety.

I like my co-workers but I do not socialize with them because I live 60 miles away from them and it makes it hard to get down to do anything other than work.

I go to work not to make friends but to perform my job to the best of my ability and if I get one or two close friends in the bargain I'm good.

I like my job at a rate of 7-8.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.