Death and time

chaser

Just for discussion.

If you knew you only had so much time left.... who would you tell and why? What would you say? Would you be glad for the chance for closure, and to say all the stuff we all think from time to time but never get around to saying. We all think there is time for that later.

Worst word there is. Regret.

If I knew I would die tomorrow i would only have one regret.

But a few recent events in my life have gotten me thinking about this alot lately. There has been so many unexpected deaths in my family and the family of my friends that its just unreal to think about some of the time. I have learned one lesson in all this and that is to let the people you care about know it. To me that is very imporant I had a long discussion with my cousin at my aunts service and we discussed this in dept and his words to me were "if I had one min to take back it would be the one where I was going to call mom and tell her I loved her but I got too busy to do it." That is the truth so many times we mean well but we get so absorbed in what we are doing that things just slip away and then its too late.

If I had some terminal illness and was going to die soon and I knew it I dont think I would tell everyone maybe my close friends and family but the rest of the world no cause its none of their business. And the second thing is I wouldnt want their pity. Sympathy from my friends family and loved ones yes I would want that, but pity no. But there are a few things I would want closure on. But you cant change the past so you would just have to make a few lasting memories with the people you loved and forget the rest.

Just for discussion.

If you knew you only had so much time left.... who would you tell and why? What would you say? Would you be glad for the chance for closure, and to say all the stuff we all think from time to time but never get around to saying. We all think there is time for that later.

Worst word there is. Regret.

Regret. We all have them. I'm sure that if I was told I had only a very limited time to live, I would die with many regrets. What would I do? Who would I tell? that would depend on the time frame. If it were days, my list of things would be shorter. My Family would be told no matter what. However, I would insist that they go on as if nothing was wrong. They must continue to live, hopefully a long time after I am gone, and hovering around me while I spend my last moments here will just hinder their future. I would like to spend free time with them.

There are only one or two things I regret but eh .... whats the point getting all shook up over it.

If I got told I had X time to live, I'd round up the boys and go get back that money the Nevada Gaming Commission "stole" from me :lol:

Have to go out in style.

Edited by kiwimedic