lazy providers

My solution is to take the initiative and take everything in despite the request of the lead medic. no one is going to frown on you for doing so except maybe your partner. If it becomes a issue, bring a supervisor into the matter. I highly doubt you will be found at fault. Just remember to be tactful.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this isnt only true in EMS but its also true in Nursing too. I don't know if people are just to damn lazy to do their jobs or if they just got to the point in their careers they just want to get paid and not work for it. Me personally I am for the O2 tank therapy might knock some sense into their heads. But then again assualt is frowned upon go figure. ;) Anyone that has been in this profession long enough knows that its not really a 9-5 job, you are there to serve the community and too damn bad if its close to quitting time.

I am a manager in a paid rural service. I have two stations and cover 3 counties. We run 3 trucks and have people that work 3 days on and two days off then 2 days on and 2 days off. Being constantly short handed we dont always get our days off. Our company policy is less than 5% no haul rate per month per station. If I have a medic that gets in a habit of no hauling I bring them in and have a sit down with them. If no haul rate dosen't go down After that we become evan more shorthanded. Sitting in court because someone didn't get taken to the hospital and a personal injury att. is called it gets very nasty sometimes and not to mention expensive. Theres no place for lazy in EMS. We are supposed to be the patients advocate. How can we be that if we don't take them to the hospital.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.