EMT-B CEU/Training

Erick

I'm a new grad EMT-B, I currently have AHA BLS/CPR card and Basic EKG certification.

My question is what do I need for renewal, of course I have to renew my BLS card, Do I need BCLS,ACLS,PALS,BTLS,PHTLS or is all that for Paramedics?

I'm a new grad EMT-B, I currently have AHA BLS/CPR card and Basic EKG certification.

My question is what do I need for renewal, of course I have to renew my BLS card, Do I need BCLS,ACLS,PALS,BTLS,PHTLS or is all that for Paramedics?

It may depend on the state you are in while renewing. Most states only require BLS and the set amount of hours to renew your EMT-B license. I would be more concerned with what your system requires for renewal. Some require a trauma course such as BTLS (now ITLS) and/or PHTLS to renew. Others are not as strict with those requirements. I am not all that familar with BCLS but I think that your Basic EKG cert is probably good enough. ACLS and PALS are geared toward more advanced pre-hospital providers.

No matter what your state and/or system require, I challenge you to get as much knowledge in as many different areas as possible. 1 and 2 day conferences are great and although you may not get a cool card to carry around in your pocket, the information and networking is priceless.

Good luck to you in your new endevour.