Something different Senerio.

Ok I will play like I'm a city medic. Load him and let the doctor figure it out. :huh:

Any hx of illegal drug use? No

Smoker? No

What supplement, vitamins, etc? he is taking Kardovite
Edited by itku2er

Kardovite is made from herbs, which generally do not have the kind of extreme side effects some medications have. For example, Hawthorn may increase the effects of the herb “Digitalis”, used in medication like “Digoxin” or “Lanoxin”. The 7 herbs used in Kardovite each have many different components that complement each other and screen out any side effects. If you are currently taking any kinds of blood thinners, it is recommended to take Kardovite 4 hours after the blood thinner.

Kardovite is made from herbs, which generally do not have the kind of extreme side effects some medications have. For example, Hawthorn may increase the effects of the herb “Digitalis”, used in medication like “Digoxin” or “Lanoxin”. The 7 herbs used in Kardovite each have many different components that complement each other and screen out any side effects. If you are currently taking any kinds of blood thinners, it is recommended to take Kardovite 4 hours after the blood thinner.

Its also has a sedative effect and can cause CNS depression. He took it now he is sedated you cant get him awake what are you going to do to fix him?

Unusual lethargy is a rare but possible side effect with zocor. Am I at least on the right track?

Unusual lethargy is a rare but possible side effect with zocor. Am I at least on the right track?

Its also a adverse reaction of the hawthorn herb found in the Kardovite. yeah you are on the right track acutally you asked first so you are one up on spenac HA HA HA.

How are you going to fix him?

Based on stability he will mainly need observation until wears off. As a precaution I want to establish 2 IV's, Keep a close eye on quality of respirations, get my BVM and intubation equipment ready in case. Cardiac monitoring. BP q 3-5 minutes. Nice quit transport.

While you all are fixing my patient I am going to get my nails done :D:D:D

The main thing I was getting at is we dont always ask about the herbs or supplements. Its so easy to over look things like this but alot of people swear by herbs and will take take them instead of regular meds prescribed by the MD.

Based on stability he will mainly need observation until wears off. As a precaution I want to establish 2 IV's, Keep a close eye on quality of respirations, get my BVM and intubation equipment ready in case. Cardiac monitoring. BP q 3-5 minutes. Nice quit transport.

That is about all you can do is monitor and hope for a nice transport and spenac jessiR is one up on you they asked first about the non script meds.. you slipping in your old age B):lol:

The effects of the herb may be reduced by propantheline.

And yes always ask for the herbs, etc. In my area we have the for a better English word Witch Doctors. They do some weird stuff.

We also have to get all meds they buy in Mexico as sometimes they only hand us their meds from the USA.

Its also a adverse reaction of the hawthorn herb found in the Kardovite. yeah you are on the right track acutally you asked first so you are one up on spenac HA HA HA.

How are you going to fix him?

I just got my Basic last semester and just finished intro to als yesterday, so I'm really not sure. I would have to consult medical direction, manage anything that changes with vitals, and transport for observation/treatment. His vitals aren't that bad, but I know they could deteriorate.