Field Guide

Kensakar

Repost? I don't think so. The post that you are pointing me to does not answer my question. I ask what field guide you would recommend to help me study without carrying around 200lbs of books. That post talks about creating your own and the reasons for or against toting one. But no where does it talk about a specific guide or recommend one.

Repost? I don't think so. The post that you are pointing me to does not answer my question. I ask what field guide you would recommend to help me study without carrying around 200lbs of books.

If studying is what you are talking about, then you are WAY off track. There is no studying to be done from a quick reference guide. No concepts can be learned or understood from the info in a pocket guide. That's not what they are for. And if that is your intent, you're going to fail.

Studying -- that is, the process of reviewing and learning of concepts -- is best achieved by building upwards from the foundation. The foundation is your textbooks and lectures. Take notes from that, rearrange and reprint them, then read them again. That is how you study. You are not going to learn anything from a field guide. The very best you can hope for is to memorise some formulas or pieces of information. I strongly recommend against this. Study your notes. Take notes from your notes. Make flash cards from your notes. Study from that, not a field guide. Otherwise, you are only painting yourself into a corner of cheat sheets for the rest of your career.

What I have done is this, I have taken the pages with all the medications in the back, you know the ones that are just lists of medications with types and correct spelling.

I have taken those pages and covered them with printouts of my protocols and other important pieces of information that I find that I use all the time.

I rarely use the med sheets in the guide and what better place to put protocols and other items I've listed or set up.