Right sided 12 lead

Just Plain Ruff

I was taught that V1 & V2 remain in the same place and all the other vector leads as changed over to the right side.

Now you got me wondering if I misheard my lesson in 1989 and am off to confirm what I thought I know but obviously don't.

cheers

Mike

Mike, you are correct. The electrodes stay in place, but the leads (views) are switched. V1 becomes V2R, and V2 becomes V1R.

Confusing I know, but as you say, V1 and V2 are not "physically" moved - unlike the other V-leads.

All becomes clear.

There is a lesson to be learnt for me here (other than learning about correct placements) - and that is not to go for 19 years and wonder if I understand something - it's better for me to ask the dumb a*se question and everyone chuckle - oooh he should have known that - rather than continue in ignorance.

Thanks guys - I have been educated.

Mike

Mike, you are correct. The electrodes stay in place, but the leads (views) are switched. V1 becomes V2R, and V2 becomes V1R.

Confusing I know, but as you say, V1 and V2 are not "physically" moved - unlike the other V-leads.

You could move V1 and V2 to the back so one could look at the posterior walls of the heart.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.