EMT-B/I training in the Las Vegas area?

Need some input re: EMT-B/I training in the Las Vegas area. Are there any accelerated courses locally? If not, who offers the courses over the shortest period of time? I've considered going out to Indiana to emtinc.com for the "B" course, then doing the "I" course here in Vegas.

I do have some previous medical training, Level 2 First Aid Attendant up in Canada a few years back and current US Army CLS cert., as well as other stuff here and there so I am not completely new to the subject.

My time is my own, so I can do extra clinical/ride along for the experience. Trauma stuff would be good as the only place I will ever use this for a job is oversea's. Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance.

In California, you can do EMT in three weeks, and full paramedic in 13 weeks all over the state. Certainly not a good way to do things. And if you do not immediately get out and get an arseload (couple years full-time urban streets) of experience to reinforce it, then it all will have been a colossal waste. This stuff is not retained without constant, high volume practice. Especially for those who take the accelerated courses, with no scientific foundation, like the college programmes give you.

Is this just for contract work? On those deals, it is my understanding that what you are responsible for is really just about the same as CLS care. I don't believe they are responsible for any real medical care other than combat care. I'd just get a cram EMT course anywhere. Then I'd do the EMT-I distance programme from www.techproservices.net. Once you finish it, fly out to Texas for a couple weeks of clinical and lab, then be done with it.

Of course, if by chance you are looking to do real, domestic EMS work, none of the above recommendations would apply. Good luck, and be safe!

Thanks bro, and good luck. You've got a good background for making this kind of thing work for you and the mission. I'd rather have you than some EMT-I who's been working on an ambulance for some years. It's hard to wash the street EMS out of their heads when they get on a protection detail. And hey, when the fun's all over in a few years (or sooner, if Osama wins), you've got another marketable licence. Good thinking on your part.

Stay in touch!