end of an era

Just Plain Ruff

Well after 19 years in EMS I have officially hung up my stethoscope. I have not really been practicing ems for about 6 years but I've kept current but I have not the time nor the energy to complete the states relicensure requirements.

So my tenure as a licensed paramedic ends at the end of October.

I will stay on here but my ambulance days are over which I have mixed feelings about.

that is all

Ruff wish you could find a way to keep it.

Just think after you have made all the money at your real job you could volly as a paramedic at the local fire dept. :twisted: That would give your life real purpose as we know that vollys are more dedicated. :twisted: :shock: :D:cry::cry:

That must've been a tough decision to make.

Care to elaborate?

Not a tough decision to make at all.

I have been working as a travelling ER Consultant for the past 7 years and travel monday thru thursday. When I get home I spend time with family. NO time allowed really to get CEU's and ACLS and all those classes.

I put it off and off getting all the classes and yesterday when I looked at my medic license I saw it expires in less than one month.

I have 4 hours of CEU's, no acls, no pals, no cpr and that kind of stuff and no time to pursue those classes.

So I said, self', You need to let go, it's not like you have taken care of a patient in the past 6 years, you just need to let it go.

So I thought about it and decided, this is a good time. Just let the old career die.

I am actually working on getting off the road and into a project management role or a management role at a large corporation or I'm looking into starting my own business of connecting (internet wise and computer wise) Churches. They are an untapped market. They rely on church members to do this and most church members have no clue and just jury rig things.

Who knows but the old self "medic Ruffems" is retired, and the new self "non-medic Ruffems" will haunt everyone's lives here at EMT city.