Seneca County, OH Migrating Towards Paid EMS?

dougd

My girlfriend started a new job last week as a professor at Heidelberg College, so the news from exciting Seneca County, OH has been added to daily reading. I was interested in learning if this rural county contracted EMS out to a private company as some counties do, or if they were strictly volunteer. Looks like they're pretty much volunteer once you get outside of the Tiffin city limits, but that they're considering starting to transition to some paid ALS.

http://www.advertiser-tribune.com/page/con.../id/507493.html

"Majors said [this] would be a short-term solution while the county begins long-term planning for paid ambulance service."

Sounds like a good long-term goal to me. I just wish he hadn't floated the first option of a paramedic fly car as it will give the county commissioners an out to latch on to when they determine how they're going to budget this.

Edit: I'm still searching to see what headway was made, if any, since this article ran in July.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.