Starting Paramedic school!

EMT Foose

School starts tomorrow! I'm a pretty laid back guy, always able to keep my cool...but I'm pretty nervous about this!

It's a very reputable school (AMA accreditation #001), tough selection process, and they expect a lot out of their students. I hope my best is enough to make it through!

I've pre-read the entire A&P book, know my 3-lead ekg's pretty well, and have a good idea about ACLS.

Any advice from students or from you old-timers B) would be greatly appreciated!

Study! ACLS and Medical Emergencies are the main things to retain. I've been a medic for a little while now and if I knew then what I know now I would have been much more interested in Med Emergency. 95% or more of your calls will be medical.

Study! I guess the other main thing is to study alot! Be thankful your school is tough. The tougher the school is the easier your NR will be.

Good Luck

I am a current student and my advice is pre-read and study up on your A&P and pathophys. My school hit very very hard on them, telling us the the NR test was heavily laced with those type of questions. If you can study acid-base balance, having a grasp on that will help. Be prepared to study then study and study some more. Then when you're tired study just a little bit more. Then go to work for 40+ hrs. Then on your off days when you are not studying you will be busy with clinicals. Just remember your ultimate goal, and you will be good.