NR practical Monophasic vs Biphasic

As an evaluator I can tell you that the only things that matter during the practical is what the site tells you. They will tell you whether or not it is a biphasic or monophasic monitor. Try to remember both of them. If in doubt ask the evaluator to describe all of your equipment before you begin the scenario. Bring your books and notes and touch up on anything your not sure of while you wait. Good luck!

I just took the practical two weeks ago. The NR rep that was there said we had to verbalize what type of machine and how many joules we would use. If you are used to a monophasic machine, then state, "on my monophasic monitor/defib I would use a shock of 360 joules." It was told to us that if we did not verbalize what we were using, then they would assume we knew the monitor and the testing site had monitors I had never used before (lifepak11's). I was used to the 10's and 12's, but had never seen an 11 until the orientation night (the night before the test). I would highly reccomend going to an orientation/practice night if you have that opportunity, as they will tell you what to expect then. Hope this helps.

Michael

I just took the practical two weeks ago. The NR rep that was there said we had to verbalize what type of machine and how many joules we would use. If you are used to a monophasic machine, then state, "on my monophasic monitor/defib I would use a shock of 360 joules." It was told to us that if we did not verbalize what we were using, then they would assume we knew the monitor and the testing site had monitors I had never used before (lifepak11's). I was used to the 10's and 12's, but had never seen an 11 until the orientation night (the night before the test). I would highly reccomend going to an orientation/practice night if you have that opportunity, as they will tell you what to expect then. Hope this helps.

Michael

Man...last FD I worked at had an LP 11 with 12 lead...great machine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.