Learning Cardiology

Thanks for the help guys...I got my results from the written and I not only passed but actually did very well. I had to retest one of the cardiology stations for my practical but I think that was more nerves than anything else. The second time through that station was a breeze and I got the maximum for points. The other cardiology station was challenging but I knew what I was doing and kept myself calm.

Cardiology is still my weakest section but I'm working at it and getting better. I know enough to not kill anyone and keep myself a float in the field.

Thanks again guys. I'm now a NYS AEMT-CC...time for the real learning to begin!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job, glad to know you plan on attending paramedic school. If you are not going through a degree program that requires a background of science courses, I too strongly suggest taking a year of Anatomy and Physiology along with the A&P lab. If you have the opportunity, I strongly suggest a semester of molecular or microbiology and lab. You will obtain in depth knowledge of many molecular and physiologic pathways. These courses should provide you with a strong foundation for you future educational pursuits.

Take care,

chbare.