S.A.L.L.Y

napave

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do we know it will help if even the instructor does not remember it? Isn't the point that it jog your memory? Or is this just one good to help pass the test then forget?

Never heard of it. Sorry not trying to be rude.

Never heard of SALLY, but SALI is a common mnemonic to remember the parts of the left ventricle and their respective leads.

S = septal = V1, V2

A = Anterior = V3, V4

L = Lateral = V5, V6, I, AVL

I = Inferior = II, III, AVF

There are other variations of this, such as ISAL, and LISA.

[/font:264311bbed]

S.A.L.L.Y

DOES ANYONE KNOW THIS ACRONYM AS IT APPLIES TO CARDIOLOGY? MY INSTRUCTOR CANNOT REMEMBER IT BUT SAYS IT WILL HELP US.........

THANKS

TONIA

capslockor6.jpg

That's actually really freaking helpful.

One can understand a concept, but still have trouble tracking which is which when it comes down to associating terms with numbers like Anterior - V3, V4 without having some order to it.

However, it only works if you have "normal" coronary anatomy. In addition, it does not take the posterior wall or right ventricle into consideration.

Then again, the instructor says it will help, but cannot remember what it means. Really inspires confidence? :wink:

Take care,

chbare.

This acronym is garbage. It doesn't relate the information to what you are trying to remember at all.

Think of the individual electrodes as cameras, and decide which portion is being viewed by the direction the camera is looking.

My god, is it really this difficult to understand where the anatomy and physiology come into play? :shock: