I couldn't help myself....sorry!!

[web:39cb17b266]http://www.emsresponder.com/article/article.jsp?siteSection=1&id=7309[/web:39cb17b266]

See, this is why Dust is always saying volunteers are useless.

I may have missed something in this article, but heres my take anyway.

Two whackers showed up in personal vehicles. Which means they didn't bring the ambulance. Not once, but twice they did this.

Um, hey, jackas*, how about you bring the god forsaken ambulance instead of your personal vehicle? I don't care if you have to drive passed the residence to get the thing, do it anyway! See the result????

I used to volunteer (yes, I admit it) but I got so tired of loser whackers showing up on scene with their little blue lights and radios. You couldn't get the ambulance to respond to the scene because all the idiots went to scene. Especially if it was an MVC. Oh dear lord, don't bother looking an ambulance if it's an MVC. It's sitting back at the building.

God this infuriates me!!!!!!!! This is why is turned all my crap in and said "I can't deal with you people" and left.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I feel better now B)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giving the benefit of the doubt here, the article states that both times the two people who responded via POV did so while off duty. Given the language used in the article, it appears that there is some sort of schedule for who is responsible for the ambulance. Being ignorant of the system that they use, it could be a dual system or just scheduled watch. The problem doesn't appear to be people not bringing the ambulance, but people jumping calls when off duty.

While I hate to defend volly's, this sounds more like a glitch in the software and with dispatch. Of course I do not know why the crew did not take a quick look at the map if not familiar with the location. I never rely on dispatchers but thats just me and my rural experience speaking.

Giving the benefit of the doubt here, the article states that both times the two people who responded via POV did so while off duty. Given the language used in the article, it appears that there is some sort of schedule for who is responsible for the ambulance. Being ignorant of the system that they use, it could be a dual system or just scheduled watch. The problem doesn't appear to be people not bringing the ambulance, but people jumping calls when off duty.

I tried that too but I gave up.

I read the language as this :

(1.) 2 people responded so they must be part of that covering ambulance squad

(2.) The dispatch software also screwed up.

(3.) The chief of the said squad listed him as a volunteer too.

So, therefore, I get that all of these people are from the same squad. Also, even though the software screwed up, the two people in personal vehciles found the right place. So this goes back to, get the ambulance next time.

I know, I know, I wasn't there, so I should give the benefit of the doubt, but I can't. I can almost guarentee you, the 2 responders O/S personally knew the caller, heard it go out as pediatric and got all "ba-gock" (chicken noise), and FAILED to realize they should get the ambulance first.

You know, even my private company somehow managed to supply every unit with map books for the 2 counties we serviced (either 2 individual books or a combined book) that had 90+% of the pages in it. Now considering that well over 75% of transports take place starting and ending at common points (nursing homes, dialysis clinics, hospitals, etc), it isn't nearly as useful as when responding to homes. Now take into account that there were around 40-45 individual units, I think that some volunteer agency should be able to shell out 20-40 dollars for some map books.

Volunteer system + Run by Basics + rural community = FAILURE

Eight minutes. Eighteen minutes. Eight hours. Doesn't matter. Those kids were doomed, regardless of whether an ambulance showed up or not.

But yeah, management and supervision of the 911 comms center there need to be sacked for dereliction of duty. Won't happen though, as they are probably employed by the Sheriff's Department primarily as cop dispatchers, and nobody cares about EMS, especially a bunch of vollies.

Volunteer system + Run by Basics + rural community = FAILURE

Eight minutes. Eighteen minutes. Eight hours. Doesn't matter. Those kids were doomed, regardless of whether an ambulance showed up or not.

But yeah, management and supervision of the 911 comms center there need to be sacked for dereliction of duty. Won't happen though, as they are probably employed by the Sheriff's Department primarily as cop dispatchers, and nobody cares about EMS, especially a bunch of vollies.

Yes, they were doomed. It's obvious they wouldn't have survived more than likely. But what if it was some injury or drowning that had a chance? That was my main point of concern.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.