VASOPRESSIN OR EPI WHATS YOUR CHOICE

lilmo63

ECC stands for Emergency Cardiac Care, and is pretty much everything you do in ACLS (save airway stuff) that is not CPR. Just another acronym to remember, really.

http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/vol112/24_suppl/

I'm not sure what AZECP is getting at here either. Some quotes from the AHA ECC guidelines:

It seems that much of the research shows that there is very little difference between the two drugs as far as patient outcome, so I suppose it makes sense that the drugs may be used interchangeably (according to the guideline).

Thanks, great information !

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the point is, why are you carrying a patient in arrest?

It is much more logical to work the full ACLS arrest and when all reasonable efforts have been exhausted the patient is pronounced on scene.

Because not every jurisdiction allows that.

Because not every jurisdiction allows that.

Thats a shame..You should lobby for on scene pronouncement after ACLS has been done for 20 min. Dead is dead, ya know. Whether at the scene or at the hospital...

we are only allowed to pronounce in the field when there is obvious signs of death/ injuries incompatible with life/ prolonged down time. We don't work those. Witnessed arrests or any reason to believe short down time we have to work. Once we work it, we transport.

If the question was why are we specifically carrying as opposed to another department (FD) we don't always have that luxury

Dead is dead, ya know. Whether at the scene or at the hospital...

All the stories you hear about EMT/Paramedics pronouncing when the patient is still alive is probably one of the reasons we don't field pronounce too often. As far as I'm concerned I'm glad it's not on my shoulders (and the buck continues . . )

That's understandable, as a lot of mistakes do happen.

But I've not heard of a mispronouncement by medics in a case where they actually worked the patient. All the mistakes you hear about are pronouncements to get out of working them in the first place. I don't see much risk of mistake in pronouncing those you have worked.

Thats a shame..You should lobby for on scene pronouncement after ACLS has been done for 20 min. Dead is dead, ya know. Whether at the scene or at the hospital...

Eh....not so much. There's dead and then there's DEAD. One sometimes comes back, the other never does. Ive seen both.

Wait, you've seen someone revived with little to no neurological deficit after being in arrest longer than 20 minutes including a significant (minutes) portion of time without CPR that would be required to carry the person down steps? Was it Jesus?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.