Relocating out of Southern California EMS

vcfd35s

To piggy back on the thread regarding someone that wanted to leave the east coast, I am on the same boat but would like to get out of the Southern California EMS system. I am looking at a hand full of states such as Oregon, Colorado, Washington, Nevada, primarily sticking to the west coast. I am currently working as an EMT in a 911 system and would like to go to medic school in the near future. However, the cost of living and the coast of tution would just drown someones hopes. I am 21 years old looking to go Fire/Medic, but work as a career medic until a fire job opens up. I would just like to get an idea what counties or areas to focus on when to comes to reputable private 911 companies out of California. I know AMR is all over the place so I would like to know about there services out of CA. If anyone can recommend some areas or different companies to research I would really appreciate. Thanks guys!

AMR - San Francisco Bay Area has a better system than LA. So does WestMed in Monterey, but I think they're fully staffed right now. I heard a Susanville FD in the middle of nowhere in north north NorCal really needs FFs...pay umm not that great. My friend in Sacramento keeps saying their FD is dying for medics...

AMR - San Francisco Bay Area has a better system than LA. So does WestMed in Monterey, but I think they're fully staffed right now. I heard a Susanville FD in the middle of nowhere in north north NorCal really needs FFs...pay umm not that great. My friend in Sacramento keeps saying their FD is dying for medics...

Honestly, im waiting for an EMT spot in Ventura County with AMR Ventura or a Fire Job with Ventura County Fire. Its just the time spent waiting and all the money spent is just so overwhelming!! What are you planning to do next?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.