Transition into the National SOP

chbare

I understand there will be a push for the implementation of these new changes in the next year or so. Just wanted to see people's thoughts on this change. In addition, I would like to see if anybody has up to date information regarding requirements, courses, and testing. From what I understand, the process is still in it's infancy.

This actually does effect me as I am currently working under a contract that requires me to maintain current NREMT-I credentials. This will eventually transition into A-EMT as I understand. So, I may need to ensure I maintain NREMT credentials.

Link to a fairly current article: http://www.the-iaa.org/aux/2008/Brown%20Sc...%20Practice.pdf

Take care,

chbare.

No worries, I suspect things are still in their infancy in any event. I am not sure what to make of it; however, it does not appear that any significant improvements in education will be mandated, other than transition training. The whole I/99's transitioning into the paramedic role without any clinical requirements is rather...interesting.

Take care,

chbare.