best field guide

ErinKelly

Your protocols.

Field guides are a waste of money. Our field protocols come in a pocket version and have all the information we need including ALS indicators. Plus they are updated every year at no cost to us.

That said, something like an EKG reference or a drug guide to tell you what meds do might be benificial.

Never saw the point of spending $20 on something you could make for free.

The commercially available reference guides are excellent to have. The are NOT a waste of money.

Mike, making a field guide on your own is a wonderful idea if you know what you want in a field guide but many people do not know what they want and the pre-made ones are good to get if you fall into this category.

I purchased a new field guide every year and considered it 14.00 well spent.

What if your company doesn't provide your providers with a field guide, where do you go from there? Do you put one together, that's a pretty big order and a lot of work finding all the info, printing it out on waterproof paper and tear proof paper, spiral binding it and all that.

If you don't have the 14 or 16 dollars to spend then make your own but my opinion is to purchase one. The only thing that goes out of date really is the ACLS and PALS items and that's worth the price of a new one every year.

My vote goes for the pre-made ones.

So one vote for the pre-made one One vote for making one yourself.