• Create Account
Current Chat Room Users
0 users are in Room 1:

Come check out the updated chat room.  Any member can use the chat.  Just click the "Chat Room" menu item.

Photo

Paramedic Bike

bike paramedic EMT

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Secouriste

Secouriste
  • Members
  • 102 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a project to equip my service with emergency response bikes. We cover a lot of "moving events" during which we need to send EMTs very quickly through a dense crowd. We also cover a wide variety of events where we would need vehicles smaller than cars or trucks, yet providing a better response range than a walking response team.

In that regard, I'm looking for bike equipments: bags, lights/siren and bike marking.
A pair of bikes should board first aid equipments as well as basic vital parameter apparatus, and a 3l bottle of oxygen with BVA and masks.

The idea would be to find something like the UK EMT bikes with bags on the rear and by the front wheel. Of course I'd like bags and bike to be the color of my service, as it seems they got some custom ones:
Attached File  Bike-Blog-Bike-Paramedics-001.jpeg   36.1KB   32 downloads

Funfact: One of our districts chose the "Segway" solution which ends up pretty nice for public relations and quick response, but they're too expensive, heavy, and require some training.
Enjoy:
Attached File  Capture d’cran 2012-11-06 20.59.48.png   352.38KB   26 downloads

#2 Ruffmeister Paramedic

Ruffmeister Paramedic

Chief in charge of my making my family happy Officer

• Chat Room Moderator
  • 8,338 posts
Excellent

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

Johnson County Med Act just put together a Bike Team. You can get their info at WWW.jocoems.org I'm sure they would love to talk to you.

PM me for some names.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bike, paramedic, EMT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users