a funny but sad nursing home story....

itku2er

Has anyone ever gone on a call to a nursing home for an unresponsive with CPR in progress and you get there the NH nurses aren't doing CPR

We had it one night actually I think the only reason why they weren't doing CPR is because rigermortise was setting in, but still if we get dispatched for the unresponsive WITH CPR IN PROGRESS I expect to see you doing CPR

YES. Most definitely yes. That's common here. I don't know they truly are stupid or if they don't want the person to go through the pain of being revived and living like a vegetable (which they were probably already doing). I don't know

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES. Most definitely yes. That's common here. I don't know they truly are stupid or if they don't want the person to go through the pain of being revived and living like a vegetable (which they were probably already doing). I don't know

I had a partner tell me of a total opposite experience. He walked into a NH to see the nurses doing CPR... around the patient's outstretched arm. It turns out she had died face down with her arm off the side of the bed. When they turned her over, her arm was so rigored, it stayed upright. When they were told to stop CPR, their response was, "But we were just talking to her!" As my partner says, they may have been just talking to her, but she was definitely NOT responding.

lol In the first one, I thought for sure that the nurse was going to come back with a body bag.

Well that would have been better than a trash bag :!: :!: :!:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.