Too Many Emergency Teams?

Scaramedic

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smile when you call me "Geek", partner! You seem to imply it is a bad thing?

LOL.

There are a lot of beautiful women on TV or in movies, that, in my fantasy world, even if they are "second banana" status, wouldn't get kicked out of my bed (ugly Betty, in character and costume being an exception).

We now return to the "Too Many Emergency Teams" discussion, already in progress!

It seems like you guys have really debated this one . Just a couple thoughts . #1 we're all just as likely to become victims in a disaster as anyone else , though training helps cut the odds . #2 If LAFD realized it doesn't have the facilities to cover a major disaster , what makes you think you do ? # 3 Suppose you and your family do become casualties and your area's cut off , if you can't take care of yourself , wouldn't you want someone with at least some training coming to your aid ? Remember , we're not superheroes and contrary to the movies , it takes a while to get the calvary riding to the rescue . One of the things that ticks me off about Katrina is that there was a huge area involved , and yet all you heard about was New Orleans . In a disaster that huge , all hands will be working ( and needed ).

It seems like you guys have really debated this one . Just a couple thoughts . #1 we're all just as likely to become victims in a disaster as anyone else , though training helps cut the odds . #2 If LAFD realized it doesn't have the facilities to cover a major disaster , what makes you think you do ? # 3 Suppose you and your family do become casualties and your area's cut off , if you can't take care of yourself , wouldn't you want someone with at least some training coming to your aid ? Remember , we're not superheroes and contrary to the movies , it takes a while to get the calvary riding to the rescue . One of the things that ticks me off about Katrina is that there was a huge area involved , and yet all you heard about was New Orleans . In a disaster that huge , all hands will be working ( and needed ).

Bravo Zulu! Twice! You managed to say in a few lines what I hadnt gotten across in pages. Good on ya, stay safe and maybe some day we will work together.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.